Some Info About The Game First
Inspired by the incredible success of DotA, a mod for Warcraft III first released in 2003; Riot Games published League of Legends (often abbreviated as LoL because of obvious length reasons) in 2009. Despite being reasonably old in comparison to most recent titles such as Fortnite or Overwatch, League of Legends is still without a doubt among the most popular and renowned video games in the world, also thanks to the constant updates and patches Riot provides.
LoL is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA). Here is basically how the game works.
- Two teams of 5 players each fight against each other in a symmetrical map, three lanes on one side, and three on the other one meeting at the center, their goal is destroying the enemy base, aka the Nexus.
- To do so, they have to destroy the various buildings they find on their way. These buildings are either turrets or inhibitors and destroying them will give a considerable advantage to your team.
- Each player controls a unique character, called champion, with its own strengths, weaknesses, abilities, and roles. At the moment of the release, the game counted with 40 champions. Now, 11 years later, more than 140 are available for players to grab. Not all for free, though: they typically need to be unlocked with in-game currency.
- Alongside champions, you’ll notice minions, little computer-controlled creeps that spawn at both sides of the map, and that will automatically move towards the opposing Nexus, trying to kill every enemy they encounter. Unfortunately for them, most of the time, they will be killed first. Sorry.
- This is so because champions gain gold and experience by killing enemy minions, champions, building, or neutral monsters. By spending their goal, they are able to purchase items that will come in handy during the game, and by acquiring experience, they learn new abilities and strengthen them. Overall they become stronger and ready to defeat the enemy.
- If throughout the process, a champion accidentally dies, there’s no need to flame them. They will respawn after a certain amount of time, ready to jump into battle again.
League Of Legends Esports: One Of The Most Beloved Esports Scenes
The game immediately received a lot of attention and interest from the gaming community. A League of Legends esports scene soon developed, organized in seasons that culminate in the annual World Championship.
The format of these seasons depends on the league you are considering. There are four leagues at the top level of professional League of Legends competition, with each taking place in a specific region and featuring specific LoL tournaments:
- League of Legends Championship Series (LCS) in North America;
- League of Legends European Championships (LEC) in Europe;
- League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK) focusing on South Korea;
- League of Legends Pro League (LPL) in China.
Generally speaking, in an annual season, you’ll have the opportunity to spectate a Spring and then a Summer split, featuring, as we said, the top teams in each region, fighting for a spot at the World Championship which will take place around October and November.
By now it should be clear to you that the World Championship is quite a big deal. And you’re not wrong. During such an exciting event, the 24 best teams on the earth compete for a multi-million-dollar prize pool and the chance to be proclaimed, simply, the best, by lifting the prodigious Summoner’s Cup. Oh, and if you are good enough to make it to the finals, a casual 99 million people might be watching you from all around the globe.
League Of Legends Betting And LoL Betting Bonuses For Newcomers
A Few Wise Words Of Advice Before Betting
League of Legends, alongside Valve’s popular MOBA Dota 2 and first-person shooter Counter-Strike, is at the top when it comes to online betting, one of the reasons being their long and well-consolidated presence in the esports scene.
It’s not difficult, then, to start betting on LoL, as we can safely say that all major esports bookmakers offer that option. To help you navigate in this ocean of betting websites, we compiled a list of the best of them, their pros and cons, best betting odds, and more.
Before we proceed to that, however, we feel like a few wise words are needed as you’re about to embark on the journey of League of Legends betting.
- Know the competitive scene. The key to successfully bet on LoL is to have good knowledge of the esports scene. The latter, as well as the game itself, is constantly evolving and often bringing unpredictable changes that can alter the rendition of pro teams. You can get an edge on betting if you refer to the best content creators on platforms such as YouTube or Twitch, online news, and social media such as Twitter or Reddit to familiarize yourself with the different teams, players and leagues.
- Know the odds. As we are talking about one of the biggest esports in the world, it doesn’t come as a surprise if you find a variety of LoL betting sites. This becomes an advantage if you scout some of them and survey LoL odds before placing your bet in order to get the best out of it.
- Know the betting website. As we already said, when it comes to betting on League of Legends, you are spoilt for choice. If you manage to choose (maybe after reading the list below), always make sure to fully understand how the betting site works before betting your money on it.
Best Betting Sites For Your Wages On LoL
The time has come. Here are some of our choices with regards to the best betting sites on League of Legends you can find online. Keep reading to know more about their pros and cons!
Dedicated entirely to esports, this betting website earned a spot on this list for the safe service it provides, an easy-to-use interface, extensive coverage of esports markets, and secure payment methods, which include credit and debit cards, e-wallets and cryptocurrency.
Despite sometimes not being able to keep up with bigger bookies in terms of odds, Arcane.bet offers an advantageous bonus to new customers. If you use the code ES200, they will boost your first deposit by 100% up to €200. Be sure to carefully read their terms and conditions to know exactly how the bonus works. Just as an example: although, in general, cryptocurrency payment options are available on their website, they don’t accept Bitcoin for this bonus offer.
Something very cool about Arcane.bet is that it also gives you the possibility to place your bets while you’re watching the action unfold thanks to the streaming service they provide.
As we mentioned not so good wagers in the previous entry, we thought it would be interesting to consider one of the best bookmakers in that regard, Pinnacle. They were among the first to offer esports bets, and are globally recognized as offering some of the best odds in the market, as well as an attractive betting limit set at around $25,000.
The downside is that, as they focus on offering some of the lowest margins in betting, there are no welcome bonuses or other promotions such as risk-free bets. Despite this, we believe it’s worth giving Pinnacle a look as, of course, their range of games and markets, which they are trying to amplify, includes LoL.
Here is another great League of Legends betting website. Established in 2016, this bookmaker quickly became one of the most renowned ones. If you’re looking for a secure, well-established betting service, providing competitive odds regularly changed as the games are happening live, daily live streaming coverage, a variety of esports markets, and more, then GG.bet might be the option you’re looking for.
Apart from profitable promotions available when specific tournaments are played, this betting site offers a 100% bonus if you’re a new customer and deposit a minimum of €10.
About payment options, worry not: it covers all the main ones, including Visa, MasterCard, Skrill, Nettler, Paysafecard, and also enables users to easily make deposits using cryptocurrency.
What’s also interesting about this bookie is that they provide esports news coverage even of games not available on their betting services such as Fortnite. Giving how important it is to be informed of what is going on in the competitive scene (remember our words of advice from earlier?), GG.bet offers a good opportunity to do so.
This bookmaker proves to be a great choice either if you are a novice or a veteran punter. Why so?
Well, they grant a decent welcome offer, a 100% deposit bonus up to $100 using the GLHF bonus code, as well as allowing betting amounts as low as $5 and a risk-free bet on LoL.
Luckbox has a wide range of betting options, offering more than 20 different types of bets, from scoring first blood to slaying Baron, as well as the highest killing spree and much more, which players with a bit of expertise will find exciting.
If we add secure payment methods and reliable LoL betting odds, we get a bookmaker that, while maybe not in direct competition with the biggest ones, is certainly up there because of the solid experience it provides.
Our list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning one of the best bookies out there. Specifically talking about LoL, Betway’s great advantage is that it covers every professional league in the game. So either you’re interested in the NA, EU, China, or South Korea pro scene, this website got you.
Alongside the traditional options, on Betway to you have the possibility to bet on more special markets such as the most kills or the longest match.
As their welcome bonus, the value of your first deposit will be matched with free bets up to $30, the maximum amount of bets they offer you.
In short, as one of the most established operators worldwide, you can’t go wrong if you start gambling on Betway.
Considered one of the best titles in the world, League of Legends is a fun, constantly updated game with a solid and well-consolidated esports scene and a steadily growing player base. Betting on it adds entertainment to matches already in themselves incredibly thrilling, with millions of dollars on the line and millions of people watching, live or online.
With a large number of bookies available to place your bets, we hope our guide helped you in understanding all the possibilities LoL betting has and gave you the push to check them out for yourself. Good luck, have fun and happy betting!